Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sunday Night Sweets

 

RAW FOOD REAL WORLD Macaroons

Tonight, I'm looking forward to enjoying a little guiltless treat.

I'm not usually a macaroon lover, I'm more of an oatmeal raisin kind of girl, but these kind of macaroons are to die for!

My family requests that I make them all of the time. And, since my fabulous friend Leanna was asking last night if I could share the recipe with her, and because my beautiful  friend Ronda is having a birthday tomorrow, I felt yep, it's time to break out the dehydrator and get to business!

Here's the RAW FOOD REAL WORLD recipe for chocolate and Blonde macaroons:

3 C dried, unsweetened coconut flakes
1 1/2 C cocoa powder
1 C maple syrup
1/3 C coconut butter
1 TB vanilla extract
1/2 tsp sea salt
1. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and stir well to combine. You can also use a standing mixer with the paddle attachment.

2. Using a small ice cream scoop, your hands, or a big tablespoon, spoon rounds of dough onto the dehydrator screens. If you are using your hands, it helps to refrigerate the mix prior to forming the macaroons. Dehydrate at 115 degrees for 12 to 24 hours, or until crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside.

For blonde macaroons: Replace the cocoa powder in the recipe above with an equal amount of fine almond flour.

Enjoy! They are so worth the wait!

Cody


2 comments:

  1. What, what, what? I get macaroons - or did you eat them?! See you in the morn -

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, my family couldn't resist! But I made a special birthday batch for you. They are in the dehydrator as I type. They will be ready and fresh when I see you in the morning. Sweet dreams!

    ReplyDelete