Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Word of Wizzum is the Shizzum!

Yo, the W.O.W. is so inspired. 

Have you read and studied it recently?
It lays out all that we need to know about how to feed our bodies and how to protect us from harm.

 As a Mormon, I have learned about the Word of Wisdom over and over again. The parts that have always stuck out to me are the parts about what to abstain from, but I think it's important to not only focus on that part of the revelation. It's equally as important to learn and live what it teaches about what to take into our body.

I find it so amazing that way back in 1833, a warning was given that is for us in our day:

4. Behold, verily, thus saith the Lord unto you: In consequence of evils and designs which do and will exist in the hearts of conspiring men in the last days, I have warned you, and forewarn you, by giving unto you this word of wisdom by revelation-...
Conspiring Men in the last days..tobacco companies.

We've seen how the warnings about tobacco use and alcohol use have been proven to be true, and those that are Mormons aren't unique any more because we abstain from these, which is awesome!

BUT...
The Word of Wisdom also teaches us to live much differently then the 
average American does (Mormons included).



Conspiring men in the last days? The Government and Big Food Companies? Maybe.

S.A.D
(standard American diet.)
But true.

I like the 
W.O.W.
diet!

Eat a diet filled with mostly whole grains, clean fruits, vegetables and herbs in their season, plant-based proteins and fats, and meat SPARINGLY, only in the winter and times of famine.

This is for everyone, Mormon or not.
We all can benefit from eating from this plan.

I am addicted to healthy eating, I feel so amazing! Just as was promised in the W.O.W....
and I'm loving being in my kitchen while it's cold outside 
and trying new raw and whole food recipes.

I'm looking forward to Thursday Night's Wellness Workshop at 
ELEVATE in Orem
147 West 400 North

and to my nutrition class that is being held this Saturday at 10am.
All the best will be there!
Thanks for letting me get on my soapbox again. 
I'd love to hear what you think about all of this.
And, 
am I the only one who feels unstoppable when I feed my body the best?


Have a super day full of wisdom,

Cody

No comments:

Post a Comment